Gloucester Park

History of the Gloucester Park Precinct

Gloucester Park is situated on land formally known as Sussex Location 999 and was first owned by Mr A.H. Mann (1913-1922) then Mr L.R. Crofts (1923).

In 1924-1925 the property was subdivided into town lots and over the years the Roads Board (now Shire) purchased various lots. In 1950 land was purchased from Mr Crofts west of Rigby Street to Railway reserve, which is where the park is now.

The name Gloucester was chosen from a competition run at the local school for a prize of one pound, and was won by Val Wyatt, daughter of the local constable Clarry Wyatt. She chose it after Prince Henry, Duke of Gloucester who visited Western Australia in 1934.*

The Gloucester Park Precinct now hosts the following sporting and community groups:


The hiring of facilities at the Gloucester Park Precinct can be organised through the Margaret River Recreation Centre. All application forms need to be signed and returned to the Centre for processing.

For a copy of our Sporting Ground User Guide click here

For an aerial location map of the sporting grounds located at the Gloucester Park Precinct click here

Gloucester Park Seasonal Tenancy form
Gloucester Park Casual Hire form

* Information compiled by Johan Alferink